We are offering face to face, telephone and video counselling.
For those who are coming to our counselling centre we have a COVID-19 Safe & Sound information
COVID-19 SAFE AND SOUND INFO
Bedfordshire Open Door would like to take this opportunity to reassure our clients and visitors that we are doing our utmost to provide a safe environment during challenging times. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have put some new procedures in place to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We would like to bring your attention to the following points:
- It is important for you to arrive on time for your session and to leave promptly.
- To keep everyone safe, we ask for you to wear a mask on entering the building and whilst you are in the waiting room and communal areas of the building. We recognise that some people have hidden disabilities or issues with wearing a mask and we respect that. In these cases, please ensure you respect the 2metres social distancing.
- We have sunflower lanyards available if you would like one to take and keep.
- Our waiting room is available for you as our client; however, we have limited seating due to the social distancing requirements. In exceptional circumstances it may be possible for a parent/carer/ support worker to wait, although this cannot be guaranteed. Please speak to the office in advance of your appointment to discuss this.
- Please use hand sanitiser before using the drinks facilities in the waiting room.
- It is essential that you tell us if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 and if you do it is important that you do not attend your appointment. We can rearrange it for when you are feeling better.
- Hand sanitiser is there for you to use in the entrance of the building, on every floor and in all counselling rooms. If you have allergies to hand sanitiser, please bring your own or use the toilet facilities to wash your hands with soap and water.
- When visiting the toilet facilities, please wash hands thoroughly, and dry using the paper towels that have been installed.
- We have clear screens in the counselling rooms to provide protection between you and the counsellor.
- Masks, visors and gloves are available for everyone who visits Bedfordshire Open Door. These are commonly called PPE. You can talk to your counsellor about whether you would like them / you to wear PPE during your counselling session.
- We will be managing the timing of appointments to help with movement and social distancing during our counselling times.
All visitors will be asked to complete their details in the Visitors Signing In Book for Test & Trace purposes
We hope you will feel safe and supported when you come to Bedfordshire Open Door.
If you have any concerns or suggestions please do let us know by talking to your counsellor, texting us or sending us an email.